Saturday 9 April 2011

Module 1: Drawing & Designing - Line.

I like others who are studying the City & Guilds course at home on their own, feel isolated in their stitching world!

When I searched for others to see what is expected of you I found so few to look at.

This blog is to record the trails and errors I have throughout the course!  There will be many!

This will be the place I put my images of the work that's given for the Modules.

Although it won't be 'til I've sent it off to the tutor that we'll know if it's good enough and more needs to be added!

I have already forgotten which month I began...I think it was February...and at this point I have one more Hand stitching sample then the experimental larger sample.  Once they're done I will have to research into Line as element in Design...a page or two with illustrations...

Exercise 1
Pomegrant as subject of Line Design.
 In different weights of pencil.

 Then the fruit is cut up and drawn concentrating on the detail.


 Next step a section is taken, re-drawn and blown up to A5 size.
 Various colours and media were used to add further detalling.
 I decided there was too many shapes so used just one side and flipped it.
 Again colour and details were added.

Design was the cut into strips to alter the design.

I'm just adding the final touches to a texture collage which is to be the basis of my Experimental Sample.
There are a lot more sheets inbetween but I thought it's useful to see to see the bones of the design process.
There will be explaining to do before I send it off for assessment!

That's it for now...I want to start my final hand stitching sample.

2 comments: